Buckwheat is a gluten free seed (not grain!) that’s a great source of B vitamins, which are essential for mood boosting hormones, as well as easing stress and anxiety. The cacao nibs sprinkled on top are another boost of nutrients in the form of magnesium!
Ingredients for Pancakes
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of himalayan pink sea salt
- 1 cup plant-based milk of choice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flaxseed + 3 tbsp water – let sit mixed for 5 mins)
Ingredients for Toppings
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- + Goji berries + cacao nibs + nobó of choice
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients together and in a second bowl mix the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix all together.
- Take a little coconut oil on a paper towel and rub onto a frying pan over low-medium heat.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and spoon onto the pan. You may want to add a second tablespoon, depending on how big you want your pancakes. Spread the mixture out so it’s about 1 cm thick.
- Let the pancake sizzle away until the sides start to peel up with a spatula, then flip over and cook for another minute or so.
- For the almond butter topping mix the almond butter, honey and coconut oil in a bowl and drizzle on top. Sprinkle the goji berries and cacao nibs on top.
- Serve with nobo.
Anna is 26 and from Dublin’s fair city. She has just moved home from a year living in New York. She co-runs a healthy living Instagram page called YUMible with her pilates pal Gigi Tynan. This is a window into the healthy lives they both live – just a taste of the nutrition and wellness habits they live by. Anna is a bit obsessed with healthy eating and loves to cook all kinds of simple, tasty plant-based meals. Anna is currently enrolled in the Institute of Integrated Nutrition, which will see qualify me as a health coach in a few months.