We love cookie sandwiches and have posted a few on our Instagram over the last couple of months like these chocolate dipped cashew butter cookies with our Vanilla & Coconut. We really wanted to try some using our Chocolate flavour and thought a chewy gingerbread might work a treat! The recipe for the cookies is gluten free (thanks to the use of buckwheat flour) and vegan. If you want a fully vegan version I think they would work perfectly with our Irish Salted Caramel flavour too!
Gingerbread (GF/DF) Nobó Cookie Sandwich
- 1 & 1/4 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Nobó chocolate & toasted almond frozen goodness
– Cool on a cookie tray before sandwiching with a scoop of chocolate frozen goodness between.