After posting a pic of these oaty coconut cookies on Instagram we got lots of requests for the recipe, so I thought I would share it here. They have become a staple in our house as they are a perfect anytime snack for children (and adults too!). They aren’t like a traditional heavily sweetened cookie, in fact the only similarity is that they are flat and round but they contain no sugar or flour. I find them particularly great for our little 1 year old as they aren’t crumbly, so they can hold up to our busy boy eating with one hand and crawling with the other!
- 1 cup porridge oats
- 1/3 cup dedicated coconut
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 pealed eating apple grated
- 1 egg (1/2 mashed banana would work instead if vegan or allergic)
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 200C and line baking sheet with parchment
- Whisk egg in a bowl, add grated apple, vanilla extract and combine.
- To this add all your remaining ingredients – oats, coconut, raisins.
- Thoroughly mix together using a wooden spoon or your hands and then form into desired shapes and place on parchment paper. I usually pat into flat cookies but bars should work too.
- Cool for 10-12 minutes until golden brown
- Cool on wire rack and enjoy!