Perfect for pancake day ! It’s dairy free and gluten free but it’s very simple, doesn’t require too many ingredients and is probably closest to a traditional crepe recipe. We’ve left it unsweeteened to give you the flexibility to add the toppings of your choice! Berries, maple syrup and Fresh Lemon Frozen Goodness tend to be popular choices in our house, but you could also try almond butter, dark chocolate spread, coconut, sliced banana – the list is endless! You could also blend in some spinach and convert them to a savoury dinner crepe!
We hope you enjoy!
- Heaped 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- generous pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- To a large bowl add your buckwheat flour followed by all other ingredients and combine with a whisk.
- Whisk until smooth and transfer to a jug for easy pouring
- Using a large frying pan, heat some coconut oil
- Pour a thin layer of batter and tilt pan until cover base of pan
- When bubbles form and edges start to crisp a little flip the pancakes and cook until golden (approx. 30 seconds)
- Fold into triangles, roll or stack on a plate to keep warm.
- Serve them up with the toppings of your choice, and enjoy!