We are looking for a Business Developer who is passionate about driving brands they believe in, to maximise the sales and distribution of our products to customers, both existing and new. The ideal candidate will have 2 years plus experience in a similar role and come with a proven track record of driving sales.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Promote our complete product range to existing and new customers
· Maintain company margin while developing sales growth
· Drive growth through expanding the range that is currently being supplied to existing customers
· Introduce new products and support promotions and merchandising in existing customers.
· Maximise product placement and merchandising opportunities in existing customers.
· Manage a prospect list to secure new customers.
· Manage leads from internal and external sources. Develop and implement new sales initiatives.
· Work closely with team regarding sales opportunities. Identify and maximise such opportunities.
· Provide accurate and relevant information on competitor activity and other trade field information to the team.
· Ensure critical response times are met on customer queries and complaints
· Complete all administration as required including journey plans, daily reports and prospect lists, to agreed standards and timings.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have/be
· Highly motivated individual with the ability to work on your own initiative.
· An outgoing customer-oriented person able to establish a rapport with customers.
· Strong communication skills and great interpersonal skills
· Exceptional selling skills
· Ideally have 1-3 years sales experience in the FMCG sector - Proven track record in proactive field sales and negotiation
· Good knowledge of food distribution sector
· Strong organisations and planning skills
· Ability to spot and exploit sale opportunities, develop plans and deliver against company objectives
· Strong commercial awareness
· Food lover, with interest in health and wellbeing
· Brand lover, takes enjoyment from brands that strive to do things better, and more creatively, than the rest
· Full clean driving licence
· Experience: Sales: 2 years (preferred)
· Ability to travel nationally and on occasion, internationally
· Competitive bonus
· Company vehicle and expenses
Our Mission and our Values:
- To create insanely delicious treats from the simplest ingredients, made with love, by hand.
- To be of benefit to our neighbours
- To deliver exceptional customer service
- To highlight who we are and what we do at every step
- To find creative solutions
- To build a happy and valued team