Chocolatier & Pastry Chef - Treathouse Team
We are an award winning Irish food and lifestyle business built around
innovation, collaboration and creativity... and most importantly delicious
food. Driven by our love of natural, simple ingredients and our belief that treats should always be delicious, we're on a mission to reinvent the classics, starting with ice cream and chocolate. It is an exciting time for the brand as we launch new products and enter new channels, and markets. We are now delighted to be opening our very own flagship store right in the heart of Dublin 6. And that’s where you come in!
About the Role:
We are seeking a creative pastry chef & chocolatier with a passion for plant based foods, to run our new home for innovation in Ranelagh - our Chocolate Lab. The successful candidate will join our team and work closely with the founders to dream up, and create high quality exciting chocolates and patisserie, for sale within our retail space unit as well as through our online store. The candidate will also assist in developing products for sale through our retail partners.
What it involves:
- Producing a varied range of Nobó chocolate from our new Chocolate Lab, including bespoke chocolate boxes, large chocolate sharing slabs, limited edition bars, the list goes on...
- Ideating new product concepts
- Planning production schedule, in coordination with retail outlet manager, marketing team, and online sales channel
- Developing appropriate seasonal menu offerings in line with the brand
- Maintaining a clean, well-organised work environment and kitchen space
- Constantly innovating with new recipes, and new methods
- Meeting HACCP and food safety standards
- Showcasing the Nobó brand and product range to customers, through workshops and classes.
- Passion for our brand and a determination to build our lab into something genuinely special within the plant based food world
- Highly creative approach to food
- A keen interest in healthy living and wellbeing
- An obsession with high standards in presentation, service and quality
- A cool and calm head, and a strategic mind
- Good customer service skills
- Strong operational excellence
- Must be a self starter
- 3 + years previous experience in similar kitchen environment
- Knowledge and history working with standard chocolate making equipment, e.g. Selmi tempering machine
- Understanding of chocolate making techniques including Sorting, roasting, winnowing, grinding, tempering
Company discount on delicious treats
Employee wellness benefits
Our Mission and our Values:
To create insanely delicious treats from the simplest ingredients, made with love, by hand.
To build a store at the heart of the community
To be of benefit to our neighbours
To offer every single customer a unique and welcoming experience
To deliver exceptional customer service
To highlight who we are and what we do at every step
To find creative solutions
To build a happy and valued team
This is a 30-40hr/week position, the specific hours and days that you work are somewhat flexible and can be negotiated. Weekend work would be required.
Role is based in Ranelagh, Dublin, Ireland.
Believe you could be part of the Treathouse team! Send your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org