Happy Pancake Tuesday everyone! Let's celebrate and treat ourselves better with some delicious and healthy pancakes ... the nobó way!
Our wonderful in-house baker Maria from our newly opened Treathouse has kindly lent us THE BEST plant-based pancake recipe. Just like all our treats we have used no gluten, dairy or refined sugar in this recipe.
We recommending topping off your pancake creations with our delicious nutty spreads, (we have used our Roasted Pistachio and Piedmont Hazelnut Chocolate Spreads ), nutritious cacao nibs, maple syrup and a handful of fresh berries.
Makes 6 medium-sized fluffy pancakes!
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp milled flax seeds, 6 tbsp water)
- 280ml unsweetened almond/ oat milk
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 270g self-raising flour (GF if desired)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
1. Begin by making the flax eggs by mixing water and milled flax seeds together. Allow to rest for 5-7 mins.
2. Next, mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix to combine with a whisk or spatula, making sure not to over mix.
4. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, pre-heat a non-stick pan on the stove.
6. Pour mix on to heated pan and cook for 5 minutes until you see bubbles, then flip over and cook for 2 minutes.
Drizzle with Hazelnut Chocolate Spread and top with fresh strawberries and a sprinkle of cacao nibs.
Or dollop Pistachio Caramel Spread on top, a handful of fresh raspberries and cacao nibs.