A spooky (slightly morbid!) but incredibly delicious dessert for all the family. These eerie chocolate mousse pots have a raw fruit and nut soil topping, graveyard cookies and a decadent 5 ingredient plant based chocolate mousse. If you’re looking for a simple ‘any day’ dessert, it’s possible to make these without the cookies too!
Makes 4 Mousse Pots (small glasses)
Nobó Chocolate mousse:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 50g melted Nobó Chocolate
- Pinch Sea Salt (optional)
- 1 cup cashew Nuts
- 5 Medjool Dates
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 ground almonds (or blanched whole almonds)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Melted Nobó Chocolate for Writing
- In a large bowl combine the coconut milk, flesh from the avocado, maple syrup, cocoa powder, sea salt and melted Choc. Using a handheld blender combine until silky smooth.
- Spoon the mousse into your serving glasses or jam jars.
- Place glasses in the fridge for an hour before serving.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a food processor mix together the ground almonds (or blitz whole almonds into a flour first) with cornstarch, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. The heat from the blender should melt coconut oil to liquid form.
- Empty mix into a bowl and set into the fridge for 20 mins to cool.
- Once cooled empty onto a sheet of parchment and roll out the dough.
- Using a sharp knife or cooke cutters, cut out your tombstone shapes. You can do ghosts, pumpkins or other shapes too.
- Lift parchment sheet onto a baking pan and bake for 5-8 minutes (keeping a close eye) until golden brown around the edges. Leave to cool before writing on them.
- To ice cookies, melt Nobó Chocolate (approx 50g) using Bain marine or microwave. Using a piping bag pipe your RIP letters onto the top of the tombstone cookies and leave to set in the fridge for at least 10 minutes. If chocolate is too runny let it firm up a little by allowing it to cool down.
Stand the tombstone cookies on top of your mousse pots.
Optional: Add a few sprigs of rosemary or small edible flowers to complete the look.